Further your career working for an exciting and dynamic company
Words by Brigitte Kudor
About the role
We are looking for a solicitor or barrister qualified in England & Wales (or an equivalent jurisdiction) to join us as legal counsel. You will work with the team to provide advice to our organisation on all contentious issues regarding client and company IP protection.
We are looking for someone with recent experience in the regulatory, commercial or public sectors, or in private practice. You will have experience in one or more of the following areas: Intellectual Property Law, Financial Services, Litigation, Human Rights, Data Protection, Proceeds of Crime, Computer Misuse. In this role you will be explaining complex concepts to non-lawyers, so excellent written and oral communication skills are a must.
Working as a proactive member of the investigatory team to support the strategic objectives of H&B Clients. Responsible protection of clients intellectual property.
You will maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of relevant legal, regulatory and policy issues that currently, or could potentially, affect our clients. You will have a demonstrable ability to support members of the team in developing the resources available to clients. Excellent presentation sills are a must.
- Law degree or equivalent, qualified solicitor in England & Wales.
- A minimum of 8 years experience working in a legal environment, preferably in house.
- Experience within litigation with at least 3 years of dispute resolution
- Confident, professional manner
- Ability to build relationships with internal staff members
- Ability to work in a fast paced, pressured environment
- Significant experience in the conduct of litigation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution methodology (UK & internationally)
Please note: Candidates must have the right to work in the UK. Only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
H&B is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religion or belief.
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales
How to apply for this role
Please apply by emailing your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can meet the rest of the team via the link here; http://www.hattonandberkeley.com/meet-the-team/